Schedule of Events
Admission to World Water Day is Free
10:30 Wetland Hike
- What animals can we find along our hike through the wetlands? Binoculars will be provided.
11:30 Animal Program
- Learn about the various animals that use aquatic environments for their survival. During the program you will have the opportunity to interact with some species.
1:00 Marine Room Feeding
- Help us feed our marine room critters! Please note, all animals will be fed shrimp, if you are allergic please take note.
2:30 Lego STEM Challenge
- Use your skills as we build amphibians from Legos and use coding to help your frog go through metamorphosis.
- How do animals use bubbles to survive? After a brief discussion, participants will get to make bubbles, big bubbles, square bubbles, and more!
4:30 Water Fight
- What better way to end World Water Day than with a water fight! Don’t worry, its eco-friendly with sponge bombs and no balloons.
What is World Water Day?
World Water Day, on 22 March every year, is about focusing attention on the importance of water. The theme for World Water Day 2018 is ‘Nature for Water’ – exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges we face in the 21st century.
Damaged ecosystems affect the quantity and quality of water available for human consumption. Today, 2.1 billion people live without safe drinking water at home; affecting their health, education and livelihoods.
Sustainable Development Goal 6 commits the world to ensuring that everyone has access to safe water by 2030, and includes targets on protecting the natural environment and reducing pollution.
For more information about World Water Day, please visit http://worldwaterday.org/