Celebrate your birthday Oxbow style this year and party with our amazing wildlife!
Now Booking Parties for Spring & Summer 2021!
Oxbow Meadows an array of party themes that are prefect for celebrating and engaging all ages. From live animal shows, mad science and outdoor exploration, there is something fun for any child with a passion for the wild!
All programs will be held in outdoor areas to ensure social distancing.* Please ensure your guests are dressed accordingly.
*The Oxbow Classic theme may be subject to being held inside due to temperature concerns for the safety of the animals.
All programs are held social distancing and hands off at this time to ensure social distancing and follow safely guidelines.
The Oxbow Classic
This interactive live animal show features Oxbows many animal ambassadors. You will
have the opportunity to see a range of animals that may include: Frogs & Salamanders,
Turtles & Tortoises, Snakes, Alligators, and Lizards*.
*No particular animals can be guaranteed
Mad Science Mayhem
Our resident Mad Scientist can not wait to celebrate with you. In this interactive live show, you will get the opportunity to experience the wonders of science first hand!
Looking for something more magical? Ask us how we can turn this party in to a Wizard's Potion Class!
Artsy with Nature
Join an Oxbow Naturalist as we head outside and explore a few amazing ways to create art with nature! The perfect party for the child that loves to get creative and use their imagination!
Ahoy! Captain “Barnacle” needs your help as we embark on a trek through nature following the clues and our map to discover the buried treasure hidden at Oxbow Meadows.
Walking with Dinosaurs
Join Oxbow’s resident Archeologist as we discover the history of dinosaurs. It seems some dinosaurs have gotten loose and laid some eggs. We will need your help to find them all!
At this time only one party slot is available, Saturday’s from 1-3pm, to enforce social distancing and adhere to proper cleaning and safety guidelines.
Slots are filling up, so book your party now!
Check our pictures from our birthday party room and upgrades!
Note: Specific decorations, gift bags, and invitations included by Oxbow Meadows may change over time. Pictures are an approximation.
Base Package: $225
- 25 Guest Maximum (Ages 0-102)
- Single party theme of your choice
- Exclusive Oxbow Birthday shirt for birthday child
- Additional t-shirts are $10 each
- Souvenir photo for guests
- 3 hour Saturday rental
- 12:30 to 1:00: Set Up
- 1:00 to 1:15: Guests Arrive. All participants must arrive in this time frame to sign program waivers.
- 1:15 to 1:45: Guided Tour of the Center. All participants must be present before this begins and have signed waivers This time is not flexible. If your guests do not arrive in time they may not participate in the tour portion of the program. This is your only time to tour the inside areas.
- 1:45 to 2:25: Themed Party Activity
- 2:25 to 3:00: Time allotted for cake and presents or other self guided activities
- 3:00: Guest must depart
- 3:00 to 3:30: Clean Up
Looking to up your birthday party game?
Check out our amazing add ons to help make your party extra special!
- Gift bag for guests!
Add on for $3.50 per bag
- Set of 10 Oxbow exclusive invitations and envelopes
- In person pick up required.
Add on for $8
- One additional theme from options above.
- This will adjust the timeline of your party. For details please discuss with the birthday party contact.
Add on for $75
- Pre set up, nature themed décor
- Personalized birthday banner
- 8 Black table cloths
- Hanging greenery
- Table centerpieces
Add on for $35
Eco Place Settings
- 25 Plates
- 25 Napkins
- 25 Cups
- 25 Sets of flatware (spoon, knife, and fork)
Add on for $25
Ready to schedule your birthday party with Oxbow?
Details and Policies
All birthday parties must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance and require a $50 deposit.
Deposit and Payment
- All birthday parties require a $50 non-refundable deposit to hold your date. This link will be emailed to you for payment after the birthday request form has been completed and your date is confirmed with Oxbow.
- The remainder of the balance is due before the scheduled date of the birthday.
Birthday Party Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received 48 hours in advance. We are unable to make cancellations/changes (including a date change) for anything less than 48 hours. If you need to cancel or reschedule* your party contact us at (706) 507-8550.
*Please note that if you rescheduling your birthday party, please follow the similar 2 weeks birthday party scheduling policy.
- Please arrive promptly at 12:30pm on the day of your birthday party to set up. No more than 30 minutes will be allotted to set up your party.
- Please park in the main parking lot. If you need assistance bringing items into the building please let the birthday party staff know and they will show where to unload your vehicle before parking your vehicle in the main parking lot.
- Copies of the Oxbow Program Waiver (PDF) and COVID-19 Waiver (Parent/Guardian) (PDF) / COVID-19 Waiver (Participant) (PDF) will be available and all attendees must have a completed waivers. These must be turned into Party Attendant before the beginning of the program.
- You are responsible for cleaning up by 3:30pm on the day of your scheduled birthday party.
- Please dispose of all trash and place all recyclable items in proper bins.
- All personal belongings and décor such as banners and streamers, must be removed at the conclusion of the birthday party.
- A $35 charge will be applied to your final bill in the event that this requirement is not fulfilled.
Please read thoroughly before booking.
All guests above the age of 3 years old are required to wear face coverings at all
times while on Oxbow Meadows property. Face coverings may only be removed when eating or drinking. Consumption of food
and drink is prohibited during the tour and themed activity sections of the party to assist with safety precautions. Please note your party schedule for the allotted time period for food and drink.
Party guests have exclusive access to the top floor of the Natural
History Building and bathrooms during their allotted party time.
Oxbow Meadows is committed to provided a safe and clean space for your party.
For this reason we have added additional cleaning measures before and after our parties.
Before: Buildings are cleaned thoroughly and sanitized with COVID-19 disinfectant the night prior to the party.
After: All trash is removed and the building is cleaned thoroughly and sanitized with COVID-19 disinfectant.
Waivers: All party attendees will be required to have a completed COVID-19
waiver, in addition to the regular birthday waiver, before the party may begin.
All programs will be held in outdoor areas to ensure social distancing.* Please ensure your guests are dressed accordingly. *The Oxbow Classic theme may be subject to being held inside due to temperature concerns for the safety of the animals.
All programs are held social distancing and hands off at this
time to ensure social distancing and follow safely guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following items are not allowed to be brought to an Oxbow Birthday party:
- Balloons of any type are NOT permitted.
This is due to the welfare of our animals and other wildlife.
- Glitter or Confetti
- Alcohol is NOT permitted.
- Smoking and vapeing are also prohibited on Oxbow Meadows property.
Feel free to bring your own decorations! Banners, streamers, table clothes, center pieces and other decorations are welcome: however please do not use anything that may damage the walls. If hanging something use only blue painters tape to avoid leaving sticky residue on walls.
Please DO NOT bring:
- Balloons of any type are NOTpermitted. This is due to the welfare of animals, both housed at Oxbow and for those in the native environment.
- Glitter or confetti
Oxbow does not provide place settings for base package parties. Upgrades are available if you would like eco friendly place settings, decorations or table cloths.
Party attendee is only present during guided activities in respect of social distancing and safety guidelines.
Your birthday attendant will escort you to your rental area upon your arrival for set up. They will return at 1:15pm promptly to collect waivers and begin your guided tour. After your tour the attendant will host the themed party activity and then return guests to the party space. They will return at the end of your party to usher out guest and answer any final questions before departure.
Supervision of birthday party attendees is the responsibility of parents, not Oxbow staff. Please make sure that children are attended at all times.
We have a small cooler fridge on site for party use. This is not a full fridge and there is not kitchen access.
You may brings coolers and ice to your party your own use.
Yes! Oxbow Meadows is proud to offer many outdoor activities as a party of your party experience. Please ensure you and your party guest are appropriately dressed for an outdoor activities as many of our activities take place outside rain or shine.
As of 2021 all programs will be held in outdoor areas to assist will social distancing and adhere to safety guidelines.*
*The Oxbow Classic theme may be subject to being held inside due to temperature concerns for the safety of the animals. Social Distancing guidelines and safety precautions will still be enforced.