For the 2016-2017 school year, Oxbow Meadows will be partnering with the National Infantry Museum for a full day of learning with our Home School Science & History Program. Each season (Fall and Spring) we will have a new series of home school programs designed to build upon each other to extend the learning.
The Home School Science & History program are designed to meet the educational needs of students ages 6-11 years old.
Fall 2016 Season
- In the series, students will learn about various aspects of our Earth and how they are all connected. Topics may include geology, forest ecology, and environmental science
War Through the Ages
- In this series, students will learn about aspects of a variety of specific ears in our military history.
- September 13
- October 4
- November 1
Spring 2017 Season
Nitty Gritty: Getting Dirty in Nature
- In this series, students will explore various ways that nature works, from the muddy waters of a wetland, to animal and ecosystems. Come prepared to explore and possibly get muddy!
- In this series, students will learn about some key elements in our military history
- February 7
- March 7
- April 4
9:45 am Drop-off at Oxbow Meadows
10:00 am -12:00 pm Oxbow Meadows program
12:00 pm-1:00 pm Lunch (Bring your own, Oxbow Meadows nor the National Infantry Museum will provide lunch)
1:00 pm-3:00 pm National Infantry Museum program
3:00 pm Pick-up at National Infantry Museum
Pricing & Payment Information
- $50 per season (includes 3 days of programs)
- This does not include lunch, please pack a lunch for your child. Due to allergies, please do not pack lunches that contain peanut butter.
To register for Home School Science & History program, please call Oxbow’s front desk at 706-507-8550 and specify which season you would like to attend. Payment can be accepted over the phone.
Pre-registration and advanced payment are required to complete your registration and is non-refundable in cash unless cancelled by Oxbow Meadows. Registration will close the Friday before each program date.
Each season will include a total of three days of programs. A registration charge of $50 will occur, even if you are not present at each session. No discounts are available.
Oxbow Meadows requires all students participating in field trips and education programs to have a waiver signed by their guardian. Please provide a signed waiver during the first day of each season.
- Oxbow Program Waiver (PDF)
Please notify Oxbow Meadows of any cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of the program start time. If you provide us with a 24 hour notification of the FIRST session date for each season, you will provided with a refund. NO refunds are available, if your child misses a program after this date has passes.