Fall 2020: Covid-19 Admissions Update
Due to the current public health crisis, we have altered our operations to create a safe environment for our guests and staff. To assure social distancing and proper sanitation measures, will be engaging smaller groups of visitors, on a much more intimate and in-depth level, with timed experiences. This new mode will allow guests to explore Oxbow Meadows more safely. Please read all the information carefully so that you will know what to expect.
- Please do not visit Oxbow Meadows if you are sick, exhibiting fever, or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Guests exhibiting these symptoms will not be permitted to enter.
- Wear a mask or proper face covering at all times.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet of distance, no handshakes
or physical contact) while inside the facility.
- Signage reminding visitors of proper precautions, including
wearing face coverings and maintaining 6-foot social distancing,
is posted upon entry and throughout the facility.
- A maximum number of guests/groups are permitted during each
timed rotation so that proper social distancing can be maintained.
- Common surfaces and touchpoints are disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitation stations are posted throughout
Oxbow Meadows for guest use.
- Interior signage is in place on floors throughout the center
as a reminder of proper social distancing protocol for patrons
who are waiting in line.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Where auditorium seating occurs, non-cohabiting
patrons must be seated at least six feet apart.
We are open, Monday-Friday to visit the OUTSIDE trails:
- Hiking trails
- Gates are open 10am-3pm
- Timed tickets are not needed to visit our grounds.
We are open Fridays, only for
- Visitor center and exhibits admission
- Timed tickets must be purchased for entry
- Morning session is from 10:00am-11:30am
- Afternoon session is from 12:30pm-2:00pm
For Fall 2020, Oxbow Meadows, under the guidance of Columbus
State University and the University System of Georgia will
be limiting the number of guests allowed in the building.
Free timed tickets must be reserved in advanced.
- 10:00 to 11:30am
- 12:30 to 2:00pm
All guests are required to wear masks while inside the building,
with the exception of children under the age of 2 years.
What can I do to promote a healthy
environment at Oxbow Meadows?
We at Oxbow are doing all we can to promote a safe and healthy environment for our animals, visitors and staff. We ask that all visitor follow all guidelines put in place for your safety and others. Throughout your visit at Oxbow Meadows, please be mindful of current CDC guidelines and public health recommendations.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- All guests are required to wear masks while inside the building, with the exception
of children under the age of 2 years.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water
are not available, the CDC recommends a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six
feet away from others who are not part of your party.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
- Government health organizations currently recommend that persons ages 65 and older, persons who reside in senior care facilities or long-term care facilities, or persons with underlying medical conditions stay home or maintain distance from others.
Suggested $5 donation for admission
Oxbow Meadows spends over $60,000 each year on the care, feeding,
and expansion of our animal collections. All donations will assist animal care and the continuation and growth of our education programs.
Trails, Grounds, Outdoor Exhibits
Monday to Friday | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday | CLOSED
The Center Timed Ticket Required
Friday | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday to Thursday | CLOSED
Gates open and close the at same times. All hours are subject
to change. Visit our Calendar of Events to view scheduled closings.
Rules and Regulations
Follow all local guidelines for social distancing and face coverings.
- Please keep pets leashed at
all times while on our trails
- No dogs, with the exception of service
dogs, are allowed in the building
- Fishing, hunting, and trapping are
not permitted on the property
- Please do not disturb the native plants
and wildlife found on our property
- Please do not feed any wildlife on our property
- Picnics are allowed in the designated areas
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and/
or fireworks are permitted on the property
- Oxbow Meadows and Columbus State University
are smoke free properties; no smoking allowed
Please report ALL accidents. In case of an emergency, please call 911.
3535 South Lumpkin Rd, Columbus GA 31903
Find us to the right of the National Infantry Museum and right before Historic Westville
What to do if you find injured wildlife?
Can I bring wild or injured
animals to Oxbow Meadows?
Unfortunately, Oxbow Meadows is not a licensed wildlife rehabilitation center, please do not bring wildlife to Oxbow Meadows.
Where can I take an injured animal?
Please use the following list to find local
wildlife rehabbers and their animal specialty.